Esther Gaytan

Welcome To Esther's Blog!


Get a Voki now!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tool #1...It's just the beginning...

Creating a blog and a avatar was pretty easy. It took me a while with my avatar but that was because I couldn't figure out what to have her wear...typical women!

Using blogs is a way to integrate technology into the classroom. It can a be a way for parent communication with the teacher or vice-versa if the teacher has some news about the classroom she or he can blog about it. It can also be a way for students to communicate with each other, from questions about homework or just to reflect on what was taught in the classroom that day. Its an opened minded virtual world!

4 comments:

  1. I know communicating with parents is really important with your students' parents so I will be very interested in what you write about using these tools with them.

    P.S. Your colorful blog is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther-

    Blogs are wonderful tools for the classroom! I learn so much from educational blogs everyday! I try to read my 3-5 "favorites" every morning (or evening) to keep up with current trends.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I taught preschool at churches for 15 years. It would have been so helpful to have a blog! Those parents were very involved and iterested. I will look forward to seeing how you use technology in your job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Esther,
    This really sounds like a great way to maintain an open form of communication with parents and students.

    ReplyDelete